4/03/2010

Quotent Quotables

Just some things I like to say:

"Don't let a wrench get thrown into your plans. A wrench is a tool; which means it only has power if it can be used. If it doesn't fit into your business, put the wrench back in the toolbox."

"I'm just an ordinary negro."

"Know who you're dealing with. Know what you have before you make a decision to deal with it or not. You can't walk into a Chick-Fil-A and expect to walk out with a hamburger."

"If you awaken a sleeping giant, chances are you're going to get clubbed."

"If you don't wish for the world to poop on you, refuse to be a toilet."

"Oh no. This ain't gon' work."

"That don't go together!"

"I'm not where I want to be; but I'm thankful I'm not who I used to be."

"You could always say 'blark'. It basically substitutes for any profane word."

"Hittin' you with your own pimp and confusing you with 5-syllable words since 1982."

"I have a Ph.N. I'm a Negro of Philosophy."

"I'm just here to get to the solution."

"I'd quit, but I'm not sure I ever read the manual on how to do that."

"Fear? I fear God. Once He's in my business, what else is there to be afraid of?"

"I don't listen to what anybody got to say but God."

"I'm not fond of folks who say 'I love so-and-so so much.' Love can't be quantified. If you truly love someone unconditional, love by it's nature is infinite like the God who gave it to us first."

:-D

4 comments:

  1. ...so Nelson! No comments to describe you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These quotes are so you... They all have somewhat of a sarcastic undertone to them...lol. I haven't heard you say all of them but there is one that has caused me to cringe 4 too many times...

    *clears and deepens voice just a tad* "I'm just an ordinary Negro." *rolls my eyes as usual even though I did the impersonation* LOL!! Anyway, this piece was cool. I may steal a few of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I have a Ph.N. I'm a Negro of Philosophy."

    "I'm not fond of folks who say 'I love so-and-so so much.' Love can't be quantified. If you truly love someone unconditional, love by it's nature is infinite like the God who gave it to us first."

    "Know who you're dealing with. Know what you have before you make a decision to deal with it or not. You can't walk into a Chick-Fil-A and expect to walk out with a hamburger."

    "If you awaken a sleeping giant, chances are you're going to get clubbed."

    "If you don't wish for the world to poop on you, refuse to be a toilet."

    "Oh no. This ain't gon' work."

    "That don't go together!"

    - I LOVE these! :D

    ReplyDelete